Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More food please!

This week I decided to talk about food. Food is my passion. I can wake up in the morning and genuinely get excited thinking about what I’ll be having for lunch and dinner that day. Ever since I’ve been pregnant I’ve been lapping up the notion of ‘eating for two’. I’ve always been a big eater but now I just have the perfect excuse to eat more.

At first I found that I couldn’t eat as much as I usually do. Meal size became smaller, but I’d get hungry quicker. So snacking became the norm. My favourites include fresh fruit (I’m such a good mum to my baby!), gummy lollies, peanut M&Ms and icey Coke (cola slushy from 7/11). As I now need to eat freshly prepared meals rather than processed food or buffet styled food, I’m eating more noodle soups. They’re always made to order and it brings back memories when I used to go to a noodle house before school everyday while living in China.

On the weekend I stumbled upon a new chocolate café on tv – San Churro. It has a Spanish inspired menu – churros being the Spanish donut – and everything on the menu involves chocolate (their menu). Needless to say, we decided to pay a visit that very night. Food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. We had the chocolate tapas and a Baci chocolate shake and found it just a little too much for the two of us (especially after each having a 500g t-bone steak for dinner, courtesy of my mum). We decided to pack the remaining tapas items – truffles, caramel cup and marshmallows – to take home. In one of my rare but increasingly frequent absent minded moments, I forgot to take our doggy bag with me, and we left the café empty handed. I swear David had a glint of murder in his eyes when he found out what I’ve done. What can I say, we just have to go back in a couple of days and try to finish the whole tapas this time!

So the downside to all this eating – weight gain! While I’ve been lucky to always have a stable low weight, I really can’t predict how my body will react to the whole pregnancy process. I am trying to do some exercise (yes David, I can see you roll your eyes and say that taking a couple flights of stairs doesn’t count) so any gain will be minimised. I can see that our pregnant neighbour is taking a romantic walk with her partner almost every night. So David, do you want to take a walk to San Churro with me every night?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I like your last comment viv, hint hint dave:P

    I really want to try this san churro cafe sounds delicious, let me know next time you have a craving for it. It was great to see you both tonight. See you monday

    ReplyDelete